This tour is one of the Tasmania's ultimate adventures, combining an awesome river rafting adventure with a scenic wilderness flight.
With the introduction of regular passenger flights between Hobart and Strahan this spectacular adventure has become even more affordable.
An early morning scenic flight from Hobart to Strahan takes you past the gleaming quartz peak of Frenchmans Cap and deep into the West Coast Wilderness. King River Rafting will meet you at the Strahan airport and look after you from there. You wil be driven to the start of your rafting adventure near Queenstown and there join your fellow adventurers on the King River, You can select either the King for a Day trip with a full day on the King River or alternatively the King River Gorge Raft and Steam Experience for no extra cost. At the conclusion of your rafting adventure, We will return you to Strahan for your return flight to Hobart over the Franklin River and Wild Rivers National Park, arriving back in Hobart about 5.30 pm after one of life's most memorable experiences.
- Spectacular return scenic flights from Hobart to Queenstown
- Raft the King River Gorge with exciting Class III Rapids
- Get up close to ancient rainforest and rare Huon Pine and King Billy Pine trees
- See the unspoiled environment of the Garfield River
- Portage the exhilarating Sailor Jack rapid
- Experience calm, serene reaches of the river
- Take the option to ride the West Coast Wilderness Railway's heritage steam train over the spectacular rack & pinion track to Queenstown
- A beautiful photo opportunity at Water Fall Gully
- Catch glimpses of local wildlife and birds
- Visit sites of historical interest including the original town of Teepookana and the old Cascades Hotel
- Return scenic flights from Hobart to Strahan and transfers to and from Strahan Airport.
- Full day wilderness rafting experience
- Trained and qualified guides
- Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
- All the requisite rafting and safety gear, including wetsuit, helmet and lifejacket
- Generous & scrumptious King River Rafting Lunch,or take the West Coast Wilderness Railway back to Queenstown for a cafe lunch (not included)
- River snacks of sweets and nuts and water
- Use of waterproof cameras to take photos of your rafting experience (Take these memories with you: purchase a King River Rafting USB drive with all your photos for $25)
- Review the days photos on our bus' TV
- All day parking available at Par Avion, Cambridge Airport.
Suitable for: families with stronger children.
Start time: 6am
End time: Approx. 8pm
Duration: 12 hours
Start & end location: Par Avion, 115 Kennedy Drive, Hanger 13 Cambridge Airport, Hobart
Minimum group of 2, maximum 9