A Day on the Derwent is a 18 km summer rafting journey on the River Derwent through the warm idyllic rural scenery of the Derwent Valley, between Bushy Park and Hayes.
Enjoy small rapids, swimming and water play with the chance of spotting a shy platypus.
- Raft the Derwent River from Bushy Park to Hayes
- Enjoy the clear warm waters, swimming in rapids and a small waterfall plus water games
- Raft Class II Rapids and calm peaceful reaches
- Spot a variety of animals including the river's resident eagle, trout, wild water fowl and platypus
- Soak up the beautiful rural scenery of the Derwent Valley
- Full day rafting experience
- Trained and qualified guides
- Comprehensive commentary on the natural and human history of the area
- All the requisite rafting and safety gear, including wetsuit, helmet and lifejacket
- Generous & scrumptious King River Rafting Lunch, plus River snacks of sweets and nuts and water
- Transport to and from the river from Hobart or New Norfolk
- Use of waterproof cameras to take photos of your rafting experience (Take these memories with you: purchase a King River Rafting USB drive with all your photos for $25)
- Use of balls and water pistols for water games
- Review the days photos on the return trip to New Norfolk on our bus' TV
- All day parking available at New Norfolk
Suitable for: families with children.
Price: Adults $165, Children $95 (8 - 15 yrs)
Start time: 9am from Hobart or 10am from New Norfolk
End time: Approx. 4pm
Duration: 7 hours
Start & end location: Tourist Information Centre, 20 Davey Street Hobart
Minimum group of 4, maximum 30.
Operates as advertised during summer.